REUSABLE R-PET MESH PRODUCE BAGS BY Activated Eco
We took your recycled bottles... and turned them into Produce Bags! Carry these handy packs of produce bags and you'll never need to use plastic bags for your fruits and vegetables.
Though they seem small and light, plastic bags have a much larger environmental footprint than you may imagine, beginning with the amount of energy required to make them.
Unlike plastic bags, reusable bags are unlikely to ever tear or break. The high quality material means your precious fruit and vegetable purchases are more likely to survive the trip undamaged. Leaks are less likely to be a problem with reusable bags too.
- 8 pack of 30cm x 34cm sized bags with green carry pouch
The features of our R-PET Mesh Produce Bags
- Strong and durable - each bag can easily hold 2 kilograms
- Vegan friendly
- Super light weight
- Convenient - bags are stored in a handy pouch
- Gives extra life to your fruit and vegetables, as they store better and last longer in mesh bags with airflow
- The design means you can hang the bags on a hook in the pantry/kitchen.
- Fruit and vegetables can be washed and drained more easily by using the bags as a colander.
WHAT IS R-PET?
rPET (recycled polyethylene terephtalate) comes from plastic that has already been used for packaging, such plastic bottles. This plastic is sorted, cleaned and transformed so that it can be reused and turned into a new product. Therefore the bottles you recycle get a second life by being turned into new rPET products.
The material used to manufacture our rPET mesh produce bags meets the Global Recycled Standard (GRS) for 100% Post Consumer Recycled Material set by the Control Union Certifications B.V Netherlands.
Each set of 8 produce bags uses roughly 5 plastic bottles to make